Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Mission Bound

I don't even know where to begin!

So let's start in September. I decided in September that I was officially going to serve a mission. After much prayer I knew that was what I needed to prepare for :) It wasn't easy getting everyone on board in my decision, which made life difficult. But I pressed forward anyway. And on October 3rd my bishop dropped of a packet of papers to begin.

I was going to have to wait till March to turn them in because my birthday is in June and you have to be 21 to serve a mission as a Sister Missionary :) Little did I know that only 4 days later the Prophet Thomas S. Monson stood up in General Conference and announced the lowering of the age change for girls to 19 and boys to 18!! I didn't have to wait to turn my papers in! I was overcome with joy at that moment knowing that God was preparing me for this in what I thought was "early" and ended up being perfect.
The Lord's timing is perfect.


Three weeks later I submitted my papers to the First Presidency and Quorum of the 12 Apostles to receive my assignment. I was soooo excited! Luckily I only had to wait 2 loooong weeks for it to come haha The day it arrived I spent the day with my  good friend Courtney Cox who was also receiving her call that day! We went to the temple, studied the scriptures, cleaned, ate and freaked out :) and it came!!

After another loooong day everyone gathered at our separate homes to watch us open our calls :)

I read carefully:
"Dear Sister Adams:

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Australia Melbourne Mission....You should report to the Provo MTC on Wednesday March 27, 2012... English language."

I FREAKED OUT!!! Australia had never crossed my mind! I surprisingly enough did not cry. I was just so overcome with joy :)


Courtney and I will be entering the MTC on the same day!!

I went through the Logan Temple for the first time to receive the Endowment on November 23rd 2012 :) One of the happiest days of my life so far. The spirit is so strong in the temple :)

I now only have 35 days till I become an official missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and I cannot wait for that day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment