Monday, February 20, 2012

Making my own way

Well here I am.



My name is Katelyn Michelle Adams and I am not your average girl. As you will come to learn as you read my blog.
I'm a first time blogger! I tried tumblr--that was weird. I do intstagram--but I feel like that is only pictures. So here i am writing and posting on an actual blog! I hope you enjoy :)

I am 19 years old. I'm in my second year at Salt Lake Community College studying Fashion Design and truly enjoying myself. I have been involved in leadership there and have had the opportunity to meet so many wonderful and amazing people. While supporting myself through college i worked as a receptionist at a Mortuary... not your average job as a college fashion student but i learned a lot about death and helping those who may have lost a loved one. I am the second oldest of 4 and absolutely adore my family! We are crazy. We talk in accents, we randomly burst into song, we have our differences but its not long before we sort them out which is truly a blessing :) I am so lucky to have the family I do. Extended and all!


I have realized over the past 3 or 4 years that i cannot go with a good group of guy friends. Girls are fun to hang out with when you wanna cry or be super crazy with, but when i'm not doing that i need a good group of guys to just chill with. Girls, no matter what you say, can be so fake. But boys are real. Always. And i love that! Now aside from that, there has been one girlfriend that i have been able to keep close for a long period of time, and that is my best friend McKenzie Goulding :) She is my best friend for life! She knows me sometimes better than i know myself and that goes both ways. I love her the MOST ;) and am so incredibly blessed to have Heavenly Father send her into my life.



As of right now I am participating in the Disney College Internship Program working in costuming. I am absolutely enjoying it :) I get to work with all sorts of costumes, and my favorite thing to do with my time spend here is to sew. I get to do minor alterations which is the highlight of my day! haha
Living across the country from all your family is a terrifying thing and it has definitely had its hardships with homesickness, roommate issues, work wearing me down, and just plain bum days, but i know this is where i need to be right now in my life.
I have truly seen the hand of God in my life as i have my homesick days and my just plain bad days and a friend with post on my wall just saying hey. Then i'll get a call from another friend who i haven't spoken to in a while. Then i'll get a text from a family member who just wants me to know how proud they are of me. It's the little things that count. I even got a package from my Aunt Loreen for Valentines Day and the sweetest card with exactly what i needed to hear :) I am so blessed with more than i deserve each and every day because of my Heavenly Fathers love for me. Without Him I would be nothing, and all my accomplishments would be for not.

So as you can see I have a lot to say and as time goes on i will get better at this so just bear with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment