Friday, February 24, 2012

One thing is for certain...

If you are reading this then you probably know who I am. And with that you know that last year I finally moved out of the house to Salt Lake City to be closer to work and school. It was such an awesome and fun time! I met so many great people! Turnberry is by far the best place to live if you ever move to Salt Lake! The people are so sweet and there is ALWAYS something going on so its ALWAYS a good time :) I lived with my 27 year old cousin and 29 year old friend Liz. I absolutely adored living with them. We all got along great and if there was ever a problem we were up front about it which made it all work out great! I will admit that it was tough having to pay the bills, rent, car, gas, food, extra activities etc. It was crazy but it sure taught me a lot about living with other people and the responsibilities of living on your own. There were a LOT of ups and down. I mean in the first week out I got into a huge fight with a family member, I was terribly sick, and I got a sinus infection. In turn I learned how to cope with missing my mommy haha, take care of myself when i'm sick, I went to the doctor, filled out all the forms and payed for my own medication! I felt so proud of myself! All in the first week! 
I now know that that was Heavenly Fathers way of preparing me so much more more to come in the future. While living in Salt Lake I went home every week sometimes twice to three times a week to see family, shop the food storage, and see my friends. But little did I know I would be moving to Florida.... across the country in a few months.

Today I got sick.
This past week i've had troubles with my roommates.
We've called pest control 2 times. After work today i found out we have to call again.
My best friend had her heart broken last night and I wished so badly I could be there in person for her.
Today is the first day i've cried since I got here.

Now I'm not saying this to be a Debbie Downer. I'm saying this because today more than ever I have realized that there is one thing that I never have to worry about. Today I have realized that every single day since I got here my Heavenly Father has reminded me that I have family that care about me so much. I know that they will always be there. When I'm sick, they'll come over. When I have roommate troubles, they'll take me out. When I have pest issues, they'll come kill them for me. When my best friend has her heart broken and I can't be there, they will go and comfort her. And I when i'm crying, they will be there to wipe my tears. 

If you think God would send you to earth alone, you are terribly mistaken. He sent you down with family and friends to carry your burdens and lift you up. And when you think they won't there is one person who will. Our Savior Jesus Christ. He know what you are going through. He know how it feels to cry, and be sick, and not get along with your roommates, and have your heart broken.

So when life get too hard to stand, kneel. Because that is when He will step in and take care of the rest.

This is one of my favorite peoms. Enjoy!

Footprints in the Sand
 
 
        One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
             Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
                  In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
                       Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
                           other times there were one set of footprints.
 
                                  This bothered me because I noticed
                                that during the low periods of my life,
                             when I was suffering from
                         anguish, sorrow or defeat,
                     I could see only one set of footprints.
 
          So I said to the Lord,
      "You promised me Lord,
         that if I followed you,
             you would walk with me always.
                   But I have noticed that during
                          the most trying periods of my life
                                 there have only been one
                                       set of footprints in the sand.
                                           Why, when I needed you most,
                                          you have not been there for me?"
 
                                 The Lord replied,
                          "The times when you have
                  seen only one set of footprints,
          is when I carried you."
                                                   Mary Stevenson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment